Heavenly Lights: a CHR Art Show
May 4th - June 7th, 2018
We invite you to participate in our first all-CHR visual art exhibition to be held in the Undercroft.
Registration (this form) must be completed by Monday, April 2nd, 2018 - Easter Monday.
The CHR community includes not only parishioners (including children!) but also clergy, staff, the Harlem Youth Initiative, and our Prison & Re-entry partners.
Your artistic submissions are welcome! Here are the guidelines:
1) One submission per person - pick your favorite work to share
2) Must be appropriate content, subject matter, and medium for all ages
3) Any submissions larger than 36" x 36" (3' x 3') must be approved individually
4) We do not currently have the capacity to support video/electronic art - nothing that needs to be plugged in, please.
5) All art must be delivered exhibition-ready. Two-dimensional works need to be framed with picture wire/mounting. Three-dimensional works need to have their own stand or mount.
6) Artists are responsible for delivery to the church and pick-up after the show closes.
7) All works will be accompanied by a 5 x 7 white card stock that includes the Name of the artist, Title of the work, Medium, Date of the Work, and Artist's Statement. Be sure to fill out the artist's statement box in this form! We've included a sample below.
8) All works must be delivered to the church between Friday, April 20th and Sunday, April 22nd between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm, excluding church service times.
9) All works must remain on display throughout the duration of the show.
10) All art works are submitted at the artist's own risk.
11) All works must be picked up between Friday, June 8th and Sunday, June 10th between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm, excluding church service times.
12) Failure to pick up art work by 6:00 pm on June 10th will result in forfeit of its return.
13) Submitting this form implies agreement to all of the above guidelines.
Opening reception Friday, May 4th, 6:00-8:00 in the Undercroft.
Age (for children under the age of 18)
Title of Piece
Size/Dimensions of the Piece
Please submit a photo of your work
Artist's Statement: tell us a little bit about the piece - how you came up with it and/or what you are hoping to convey and/or other details to help viewers connect with your work.
(Here's a sample!)
"My family spends every Christmas in Vermont. One year my father surprised me with a set of oil paints, brushes, and two small canvases. My father told me he remembered that I often looked out at the snowy landscape and expressed a desire to paint it. I had never taken an art class before, but the following semester I took an elective oil painting class at school, and painted this picture from a photo of that scene, and I called that painting 'Winter Walk.'"
Email address of participant, age 14 and over
Email address of parent of participant age 13 and younger
Best Phone Number to Reach You
How are you connected to CHR?
Circles of Support
Harlem Youth Initiative
Other - please specify
RSVP to the May 4th Reception?
Yes, I'll be there!
Sadly, I cannot
You answered yes! How many people are coming?
Two of us
Three of us
Four of us
Do Not Fill This Out